I am a trained archaeologist, living in the islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland. We have some of the best archaeological sites in the world here and I have worked in and amongst them for nearly forty years!
For the past six years I have worked as a lecturer at the University of Aberdeen, but I have now returned to full time consultancy work. If you think I can help with something, please get in touch to discuss your needs, how I might help, and my rates.
c.wickham-jones AT mesolithic.co.uk
I’m currently working on a book about submerged landscapes around the British Isles, and I have a few academic papers about to come out. Would you like to read something I have written? You should be able to find my books on Amazon, or ask your local library! If you have problems then do get in touch. I can also send examples of shorter work.
- Wickham-Jones CR 2015 Between the Wind and the Water, World Heritage Orkney. Windgather Press. (revised edition)
- Wickham-Jones CR 2012 The Monuments of Orkney. Historic Scotland
- Wickham-Jones CR 2010 Fear of Farming. Oxbow Books
- Wickham-Jones CR 2009 The Landscape of Scotland, a hidden history. Tempus Books.
- Wickham-Jones CR Scotland’s First Settlers. Birlinn Press.
You can read some reviews at goodreads.
To the left you will see links to my blog entries under Updates. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Please feel free to forward or share it, but let me know if you want to quote anything. I’m very happy to be quoted and shared but remember – copyright lies with me! And do get in touch if you have any questions.